Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
mdsccer4
My Device: Not Specified

Water Damage / Backlight not working

I recently dropped my blackberry into a margarita about a quarter of an inch in. The screen seemed ok for a bit, until when I went to answer a call, I couldn't see anything. The call was still coming in, but the screen was almost completely black; you can just BARELY see anything on the screen if you hold it up to light. I've read the other thread (and posted) about drying out and disassembling to dry out. Its been about five days now since the phone was suicidally thirsty. I didn't find the thread that suggests letting it dry for a few days, so like an **bleep**, I let it dry for less than 24 hrs and tried to power it on... same screen problem. I'm going to try and let it dry out some more (even though i'm sure it probably is completely dry internally by now), and see what happens. My question is, if this does not work, does it just mean that the OEM LCD screen is actually the only thing fried, or is it/could it be something else internally with the phone. I've found some replacement LCD's for about $30 online, but do not want to purchase until I have an idea that it is the LCD alone, or not. Anyone with some knowledge on the guts of these things please help! Thank you! Be good to eachother!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Water Damage / Backlight not working

Its very diffcult to say that only LCD will be affected due to water damage. There is a high possibility that other parts could be damaged. In sch case i would recommand you to consider purchasing a new handheld rather then spending for the LCDs.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.