Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: BlackBerry Pearl Flip
My Carrier: AXIS

Why can't I open my BlackBerry Messenger?

I'm having this problem with my BlackBerry. I don't know why I can't open my BlackBerry Messenger. I've tried to plugged out the battery and put it back in but still, I can't open my BlackBerry Messenger. So I did it repeatedly but I can't still open my BlackBerry Messenger. I read all about it on the internet and all they suggested is to back-up the BlackBerry Messenger contacts and upgrade the BlackBerry Messenger. I'd like to do that but how can I back-up my BlackBerry Messenger contacts when I can't even open my BlackBerry Messenger? So I tried downloading the BlackBerry Desktop Software. I connect my phone to it and I clicked on "Back up now". And now it's saved in my documents. But my question is, now that (I think) I've backed up all of my data, can I delete my BlackBerry Messenger and install/upgrade it and still have all my contacts? PLEASE REPLY ASAP.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Why can't I open my BlackBerry Messenger?

Hey nadyasamosir,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

To fix this issue you will need to reload BlackBerry Messenger, go to www.blackberry.com/bbm from your browser and you can reinstall it.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: BB Pearl 3G 9105
My Carrier: Telkomsel Simpati Loop

Re: Why can't I open my BlackBerry Messenger?

I have same problem, but more complicated, i can't open the browser too... So how to solve it? thanks please reply ASAP...