Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
jenlis137
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Why do my home screen messages keep disappearing (SMS, missed calls, etc.)?

My messages, all others beside e-mail, because I haven't even set it up, just keep disappearing.  I have the home screen theme that shows messages, calendar, call log and applications.  The messages section shows me when I have a missed call or a text or anything like that....but for some reason, I go back to my phone and I can't see who has called or texted.  The home screen messages section is empty, and if I select it and go to my messages app., there are only 3 listed and 2 are from Blackberry on Apr. 25 and Jul. 30, and only one shows up from my boss on Aug. 5.  The only reason I can even imagine that still shows up is because she too has a blackberry.  I don't know, but, it's really starting to aggravate the crap out of me.  Anyone know how to help?

I've gone to messages General Options and made sure that all calls are sent to messages and the call log.

Oh, yeah!  The Call Log doesn't hold anything either.  It's ridiculous!

Please help because I like this phone, but, it's not doing its job to the fullest, and that's disappointing.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
icp_wolf

Re: Why do my home screen messages keep disappearing (SMS, missed calls, etc.)?

this has been asked before and solved.. you have a memory issue.. you need to have at least 12 mb of free space for the phone to operate smothly.. if you havent got one yet get a memory card and move your pics and videos to memory card. along with any downloaded ringtones.. to find out what your file free status is click on options --> status and see what your file free is..another thing that might help is do a battery pull then do above step.. also make sure you dont have any internet programs running in background IE: weatherbug.. cause it continuously downloads data.. clear your browser history by going to an open browser clicking menu then options then cache and clear your history.. there are other steps to help but i cant think of any at the moment..
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jenlis137

Re: Why do my home screen messages keep disappearing (SMS, missed calls, etc.)?

did my research on this website and did discover the answer already....but THANK YOU...it's so sensible, but, without identifying the memory as the problem the whole situation was quite disheartening.  Appreciate it.
Please use plain text.