Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

BrandyK
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Wifi won't connect

We had a similar problem with our BB pearl flip with Tmobile.  We were connected to the wifi, used it for calls etc. but couldn't surf the web.  After spending hours on the phone with tmobile we came up empty handed.  Some how we stumbled upon this:

When setting up your wifi network settings on your phone, after entering your passwords and connecting there is an option to login into hotspot (or something like that) select that and it will then allow you to browse the internet over your wifi connection.  If you don't choose that than from our experience you will not be able to surf the web on your wifi connection. Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sunchunkui
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers wireless

I've talked to Rogers several times including set browser to hotspot in every options. And I do have BIS data plan for my brand new bold 9700. The technician couldn't figure out what's wrong with it. And ask me to reload Operating System which I am not willing to do in case messing up other things. Any other ideas to make white dash and grey wifi icon to change to green and solid white?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cykaaro
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Telus

I'm having the same issue and getting no where. From what I can tell, my 9700 Bold will connect to my linksys router, and is given an IP I've found. I decided to try to ping.  The settings with the browser are already in place so it's not that.  The thing I have found is APN which is left blank, and I've seen reference to it as well under advanced options>TCP/IP. There it gives ' APN Settings Enabled ' and 'APN Authentication Enabled ' which wants a username and password. Not sure if this has something to do with it or not, but I'm running out of ideas. Something is amiss, as it does show it's connected to the router [WRT300n by linksys] and it's showing it has picked up an IP address.

Anyone have any ideas what is amiss?

Please use plain text.
mrsz-galvez
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: Tmobile

I tried all of this and it let me access the internet for about 5 minutes and then when I went to a different site it gave me the message that it always gave me

"Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider."

I do not understand what I'm doing wrong.

I do not have a data plan and I use tmobile and I have an 8900.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arbab
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: Mobilink

I have same problem with my Blackberry Bold 9780, I have read above cited solutions but I am unable to find any Advance Options on my device... nor i could find any of these options:

(1) browser > options > browser configuration > browser [hotspot browser]

(2) browser > options > general properties > default browser [hotspot browser]

(3) manage connections > wi-fi options > highlight your network and click menu > edit [ place a check by auto obtain IP and DNS. Also uncheck prompt before connection]

(4) manage connections > wi-fi options > wi-fi selection mode [automatic]

Please use plain text.
Visitor
tahreesa
My Device: curve 9330
My Carrier: t mobile

Bigbain.  You the BOMB. IT WORKED!  Watch out,  I am back on!

Please use plain text.
scoobied1964
My Device: blackberry bold 9780
My Carrier: orange uk

Hi there - I have a 9780 on orange UK ( with a blackberry internet plan) and a linksys router supplied by SKY for there unlimited interent. As previous posters have said I have issues connecting to the internet through this router. Mostly I get connection timeout or server not found error messages. According to the phone I'm connected with excellent signal strength, assigned an IP address etc. The other thing is every other phone in the house connects perfectly. In addition my BB connects perfectly with fast surfing if in a internet cafe etc. I can only think the issue is with Sky/linksys - any ideas? Incedently I've tried the fixes already mentioned

Thanks

G

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
johnnydee666
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: o2

my wifi is fine on my router but my bb wont connect to it, its set to hotspot browser on my bb but wont connect ,i did a os upgrade too but still no joy, any ideas guys?

Please use plain text.
jabenti
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: h2owireless

Thank you for this. My daughter has one of our old BB 8320s and we were having the worst time getting it connected. This work! Cheers to you!

Please use plain text.