Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220

Re: Wifi won't connect

I thought I'd found the solution to my problem when I saw this post (& the solution makes sense), but having set up the phone as suggested, it still doesn't work. The manage connections tool shows the correct SSID name, but still a "-" sign rather than a check mark. The WiFi router recognises that the phone is connected and shows the correct Mac & IP addresses. When I try to browse, the message "Unable to connect to the interner, please try again later..." appears. Any further ideas? Please!!

Contributor
My Device: BLACKBERRY FLIP 8220, 8900, storm
My Carrier: Tmobile

• Verify that the connection options in the Wi-Fi setup application are correct. If you have already verified these options, verify that the advanced connection options for the Wi-Fi network are correct.
  • If you switched Wi-Fi networks manually, switch to another Wi-Fi network or set your device to scan for available Wi-Fi networks.
  • If your wireless service provider supports UMA, verify that your connection preference is not set to Mobile Network Only.
  • If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server your organization might prevent the Hotspot Browser from appearing, or might restrict you from using the Hotspot browser to browse web pages.
  • If you are using the Push Button Setup method for Wi-Fi, verify that the network access point is enabled with Wi-Fi Protected Setup™, and that it has been set to send its profile. Verify that another device is not also attempting to connect at the same time, and that not more than one network access point within range is in this mode.
  • If you use PEAP, EAP-TLS, EAP-FAST, EAP-TTLS, or EAP-SIM to connect to a Wi-Fi network, verify that you have installed the root certificate for the certificate authority server that created the certificate for the authentication server.
  • If you use EAP-TLS to connect to a Wi-Fi network, verify that you have added your authentication certificate to your BlackBerry® device.

THE ONE I HIGHLIGHTED IN RED IS WHAT I THINK YOUR PROBLEM IS, BUT STILL MAKE SURE YOU CHECK EVERYTHING. HOPE THIS HELPS!
Big Bain
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

thanks for suggestion about default browser to be set to ' Hot Spot Browser '

I still got intermitant Wi_fi and IPS network flicking about

have now tried going into Setup>Wi-Fi connection and selected Wi-Fi Hotspot Login > click

seems to take you straight to the Wi-Fi connection ( passkey to wireless browser already set up )

fingers crossed >>>>>> 

RJ

Contributor

Hi,

This works great with my bb Pearl, thank you.  I just tried it with my BB Curve and it doesn't give me the option of switching to Tmoble.  The option is there for my Pearl but not my Curve.  The only options for the curve are Hotspots and t-zones. HELP please.  Thanks, mimi

New Contributor

Hi, i having the same exact problem. My wifi has always worked, but ever since i cancelled the data plan, i can't surf the net on my home wifi anymore. I just wanted to make sure if you needed to have the blackberry feature enabler added to your account, which is free on tmobile?
Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Do you have the default browser set as hotspot browser?
New Contributor

yea, i already set it to hotspot browser
Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Check the following:

(1) browser > options > browser configuration > browser [hotspot browser]

(2) browser > options > general properties > default browser [hotspot browser]

(3) manage connections > wi-fi options > highlight your network and click menu > edit [ place a check by auto obtain IP and DNS. Also uncheck prompt before connection]

(4) manage connections > wi-fi options > wi-fi selection mode [automatic]

(5) manage connections > mobile network options > data services [on]

Do a battery pull, turn on wi-fi and check if your network has a green check mark in manage connections >

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

thx for the tip zwood, ill give that a try. But for anyone else on t-mobile, did you have to add blackberry feature enabler for your wifi to work, because thats what the reps on chat are telling me. 

edit: i went ahead and added the blackberry feature enabler, and my wifi finally works, thanks

Message Edited by DN22 on 05-28-2009 01:30 PM
Visitor

Big Brain Thanks, Hot Spot solution was the solution. The Little secret T mobile does not want to hand out. They want to sell the packages. I just got my new FLIP today & was pretty bummed about my wifi connect & the thought of having to spend more package money. But this is the absolute wifi answere