Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
san_9105
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: telkomsel

add a mail.com account

i have tried, several times, to add a bikerider.com email account (from mail.com syndication) to my pearl, but so far unsucceeded :smileysad:

any instructions i found in this support forum and from others web pages just didn't work

anyone can help?

ps: i've had another 3 email accounts (from yahoo, gmail and blackberry) which already integrated and works fine

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: add a mail.com account

Hello,

Unfortunately, there's no way to know what you've already seen and tried, nor how they actually worked out...there would be a lot more than "just didn't work" to understand why. The steps you try, your expectations of each step, and the result of each step would help us to help you more...including most importantly the exact and complete content of any error messages presented. From what you've given us, the possibilities are just too large to make guessing anywhere useful for your situation.

I suspect that you need to use the Advanced Integration method and manually enter the required parameters (servers, ports, etc.), but from what you've told us, I can't tell if you've tried that or not.

Also, be sure that this email account can be accessed via other email clients -- e.g., Outlook from a PC, the email client on other mobile devices, etc.

Anyway, more details please, and then perhaps we can provide you with something useful.

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
san_9105
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: telkomsel

these are what i have tried (about 5 times each):

1. set up via bb email settings menu
  2. set up via setup wizard menu, which actually just a detour to the bb email setting menu
  3. set up via telkomsel.blackberry.com, where i was required to provide additional information such as the account type, the username and the mail server (but there was no request about port, SSL use nor timeout).

the first two always ended with “update failed” and the last one ended with “an error occurred during email account validation please check the information ...... (i forgot the rest)” followed with email from telkomsel.blackberry.com suggesting me to visit the online help on the BlackBerry Internet Service site

is my email account accessible via mobile browser? it’s accessible via bb internet browser, don’t know about iPhone or Android browser because I don’t have any

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Thank you, those details help tremendously.

OK...you have not used Advanced Integration yet. What those various things do is, after you provide your email address and password, they try to obtain from your mail server the necessary settings to configure correctly. Some servers respond (this is all in the background, you don't see it happening) with the correct information and things are then configured properly. Other servers do not respond correctly, and the configuration attempt fails...as is the case for you.

For those that do not respond correctly, you must use the Advanced Configuration method and provide the necessary parameters manually. You do this via this KB:

• KB10154 How to integrate a POP or IMAP email account through advanced integration

You might have to try a couple of variations, and I always find it easiest to use the carrier BIS website from a PC/browser to accomplish this. You are attempting to force a failure on the initial userid/password that you provide for your email account so as to force a second appearance of that same screen, but with an added tic box for providing settings manually (which you need to tic). You might need to provide a valid email address, but an invalid password, or perhaps some other combination in order to get that tic box to appear for you.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.