Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
jessica_leaann
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

app error 523 reset... PLEASE HELP!!!!

I downloaded a theme through media net with ATT on my Blackberry Pearl... Immediately afterwards it prompted me to reboot my phone for the install to complete. When I turned the phone back on the hourglass had changed to the pink theme I had downloaded but I got the white screen of death saying APP Error 523 Reset... Resetting it that way does nothing neither does taking the battery and SIM card out. I contacted ATT and they said it is no longer in warranty and theres nothing they can do. I do everything with my phone and am lost without my Blackberry.... Someone please help me figure out what is going on. I noticed that on some threads it says to reboot through desktop manager well my desktop manager isnt recognizing my phone since the error....
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: app error 523 reset... PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hi and welcome to the forums,

You are going to need to reload your device OS. This program by D_FISHER JDL_CMDER: will get you connected and

your device reloaded.

http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/How_do_I_wipe_the_BlackBerry_using_Jl_Cmder%3F

You will have to join the site to ge the link. Follow the procedure to a "T" and you should have a good

phone again. You can reload your last good backup, and restore your data and settings,

Thanks,

Please remember to resolve your thread. Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
jessica_leaann

Stupid question but what is OS?
Guru I
Bifocals

Hi,

Not a "stupid question" more like a dim witted Bifocals! :smileyhappy:

OS is operating system. Just like the PC software, the BB had it's own software, and I think your BB

software is corrupt and needs to needs to be reloaded.

OK?

Thanks,

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor
jessica_leaann

It took me a while but IT WORKED!!!!! Thank you so much... I seriously had no faith that my blackberry would ever operate correctly again but it does now... I cant tell you how appreciative I am... I will definatly come back for every question I have regarding my blackberry....

Thanks so much!!!!!!

Guru I
Bifocals

Good Job!

Please resolve the thread, OK?

Thanks

urmavdm
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520

this link is not working anymore and im sitting with the same problem as above. please help again