Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Regular Contributor
arej00dazed

call logs

for some reason, here lately my call logs are being erased. whether I go to the call log option or press the green button, only the calls I place/receive that day shows up. is there an option to change this so it keeps the call logs for much longer? thanx
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: call logs

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases - 

Call and SMS logs disappear when BlackBerry smartphone is low on memory

Email messages are deleted from the BlackBerry device

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lub62221

Your information did help me. The call log disappeared after I took three pictures. I deleted all the pictures.

Are the call logs gone forever?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
arej00dazed

I really dunno how my BB could be low on memory. I put music, pics, etc on a SD card and I dont have very many messages......course with that bein said, i do need to clear out my sent messages since I have them hidden. but I'll check into it.

by the way, my file free is: 114207bytes. cant remember, is that 1~mb or 11~mbs?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lub62221

My calendar was using up the memory. I had to archieve some appts on my computer to make that calendar size smaller.
Please use plain text.