Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Curve 8250
My Carrier: Orange

can't go on internet without wifi

i've got the blackberry curve 8250 on orange and os v4.6.1.314.

when wi-fi is not connected, i can't go on the internet. instead a message pops up saying 'this is a wi-fi service. please ensure your device has an active wi-fi connection and try again.' i have 500mb of data included with my plan, and haven't been able to get on the internet without wi-fi at all, so haven't used any of my data. please help!!

Solutions: 6,269
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: can't go on internet without wifi

Perhaps you have the 8520 model.

Is the 500mb data plan you have the BlackBerry Data Plan? It must be. Otherwise, you won't get the BlackBerry browser, email, Facebook app, etc.

So, call your carrier and make certain you have THE BlackBerry Data Plan, not a generic data plan.

>> Get your 15% Discount on ShopBlackBerry on Passport • Classic • Leap

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Turkey

Re: can't go on internet without wifi

try that options - advange options - tcp- ip

and you will see apn.....  :  ( write here your operator's access point name ı know alot of operators apn name ''internet'') try that. because blackberry has a private access point ''blackberry.net'' so if you dont have blackberry subs. you cant connect to the internet alot of time. and if you write your apn to your device you can connect to the internet but you should look your default browser (options advange options browser)  and if you dont have blackberry subs. you can only connect to internet but you can not get mail or can not use facebook or bbm ....etc

best regard

Blackberry support teams in linkedin ...join
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2785187&trk=anet_ug_hm

For Russian
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?gid=3183812&trk=anetsrch_name&goback=.gdr_1278482273982_1