Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

delay in email push

Hi! I am experiencing a random delay in email being pushed to my phone. For example, I received an email last nite @ 9:42pm and it was not pushed to my phone until 3:23am this AM. This has occured in the evening and also when my phone is 1/2 charged. Makes email conversation difficult! Help.
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: delay in email push

May I ask your email carrier? I as well as several others have had this problem with hotmail. Yours was roughly 6 hours behind which has been common with me. I've had to change my email notification to silent after receiving several emails at 3 AM! As far as I know, this is a hotmail issue and not a BB issue and I am not aware of any fix at this time.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I have Verizon wireless and I have the very same problem with my work email.  It is on an exchange server an not a blackberry server.  I have contacted my IT department and they blame Verizon, while Verizon blames my work.  I don't have this problem with my Yahoo account that I also have linked to my device.  That would tell me it is my work.
New Contributor

Thanks for the tip ~ The emails that are affected are coming from a work account using winmail.dat    Wierd though that some are punctional and others not.  In the instance when my phone was on 1/2 charge, as soon as I plugged it in, all those emails came flooding in. During the time they were held up, I had been receiving emails from other sources. Like I said, without actually getting on the phone and calling these people, the push delay makes it impossible to conduct a conversation or business with this account. I guess it will be one of the great mysteries of the world!