Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

mco8
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

desktop manager wont read phone

the desktop manager will not read my phone... it connects fine - starts reading it - and then freezes.  it can't even do the inital configuration.  I do not get an error message.

I have reinstalled the software- tried different versions - exchanged phones - turned off the antivirus/firewalls and nothing has solved the problem. nor can i find any documentation on this site or tmobile that is in any way useful.

guidance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: desktop manager wont read phone

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Read the attached article for troubleshooting tips.

Thanks,

Bifocals

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB00125&sliceId=1&docTy...
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
blondeebee

[ Edited ]
I had similar issues.  The software worked with my husbands phone, but not mine.  It would read my pin and some parts of it would work, but the media manager portion would lock up and not even see the phone. I tried all the suggestions, uninstalling software, drivers, etc. Always same result. Well, I had to take my husbands phone in and so while there I asked them why mine wouldn't work right. They had the same problem and couldn't find a reason for it.  So at the store he was able to create a backup, then he did a "wipe" and then reinstalled my stuff and it worked.  Now my phone works fine with the computer desdtop manager. I had only had the phone a few days and it didn't work right from the beginning.  I have vista computer and phone has 4.5 software. 
Message Edited by blondeebee on 01-31-2009 08:24 AM
Please use plain text.
mco8

thanks but the problem is not recognition... it detects the phone fine.  The problem is that when it tried to read the phone it starts and stalls.... and NO error message appearas.. it just stalls and i have to crash the software to close it.

any suggestions are very welcome.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

On the Blackberry start the browser, menu key, options, browser cache, clear all categories.

Open desktop manager on the PC, then do a battery pull on the Blackberry just before you

connect the USB cable.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Bifocals

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
mco8

tried but no change... still gets frozen in the  "initial plugin: verifying applications" or synching.  and now the desktop manager keeps crashing.

is there something wrong with my computer settings?  this is the second phone i have tried.

thanks!

Please use plain text.