Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

aince12
My Device: Blackberry 8100

Re: device won't connect to pc! HELP ME!

God!!

I had the same problem with ya'll guys.Please help me.I also can't recieve Bluetooth files from other phones.thanks. :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

aince12 wrote:

I had the same problem with ya'll guys.Please help me.

With that tiny bit of detail, the only thing I can recommend is that you completely start over. Here's a procedure:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

• Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB...be sure to search your registry for any related to RIM

• Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful

• Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully that will get things going again.

aince12 wrote:

I also can't recieve Bluetooth files from other phones.

Again, with no description of exactly what you try and exactly what happens, we must guess.

See this KB:

• KB05409 Transfer a file using Bluetooth technology between two BlackBerry smartphones

Substitute, in the KB, the appropriate instructions for your other device in place of the KB section for the sending device. Unless you are on BB OS 6, do not skip the "Receive Using BT" step on the receiving BB...nothing will transfer if you do.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1
My Device: BB9800

Many of these are not for your phone...make sure they pertain to your model!!!!!

http://us.blackberry.com/navigation/search.do?siteSearch=usb+software&searchMode=simple&pageServletP...
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1

APP INSTALLER LAUNCHER
DESKTOP SOFTWARE
OS FOR YOUR PHONE
DEVICE DRIVERS+USB DRIVER SOFTWARE
AFTER ALL THIS...ALL OF THIS IS INSTALLED PLUG IN THE PHONE TO THE PC AND FIRST THING IS MAKE A BACK UP OF PHONE...MANY OPTIONS TO PICK FROM IN THE INTERFACE...BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU DO. DON'T SYNC RIGHT OFF! BACK IT UP IF ANY THING K! NOW U GOT SOME TOOLS ON YOUR PC FOR YOUR DEVICE THANKS TO BB SUPPORT AND FORUMS...
Regular Contributor
gurujuice1

MOST OF THESE SOFTWARES U NEED, YOU CAN GOOGLE BUT PUT YOUR PHONE INFO IN THE BING SEARCH BOX ACCORDINGLY:

BLACKBERRY TORCH 9800 USB SOFTWARE

AND IT SHOULD GIVE U SOME LINK OPTIONS...DON'T JUST DOWNLOAD THE FIRST THING U SEE. CHECK IT OUT AND MAKE SURE IT IS FOR YOU...

harsharedz
My Device: curve 8520

even im having same problem