Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
BBPearl3G-
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100
My Carrier: WIND Mobile

double tapping keys?

Whenever I'm typing on my pearl 3g it tends to. Double up on keys when I press them. Like the space above,, it created a new sentence and the comma keys in this sentence. Its really annoying especially because SureType tries to correct it to something stupid which changes the entire word. Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance!
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: double tapping keys?

Hello,

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
BBPearl3G-
My Device: RIM BlackBerry Pearl 3G 9100
My Carrier: WIND Mobile

Re: double tapping keys?

Thanks for your quick reply and sorry for my late one :smileyhappy:. Unfortunately it did not solve the problem. I don't know if it me that double taps the key by accident like if I'm typing a word that has consecutive letters or that have the two letters on the same key like - according or positive. Thanks for your reply.
Please use plain text.