Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

machina13
My Device: Not Specified

flip 8220 micro sd card won't engage

Every time I try to put any type of file on the 8220 micro sd card it tells me that i need to put the card in the phone. so i put the card in the phone and try to do it again, and it prompts the command to put it in again. this phone has been an ongoing problem. i just recieved a new one because the external speakers didn't work in the last one. Can you please shed some light on this situation?

-Ryan-

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: flip 8220 micro sd card won't engage

Go to Options-Advanced Options-Media card

Turn the "Mass storage mode support" to ON.

Save settings.

Connect your device to your computer via usb-cable. In "My computer" there is a new removable drive appear.

This new removable drive represents your sd-card from your device. 

When you'll connect your device to computer later - make sure that device keyboard is unlocked.

And note that you cannot access files on sd-card from the device - while it is connected via USB-card to your computer. Disconnect the cable to access sd-card files from your device.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Here is the correct procedure and options to set for your memory card.

Includes an installation video, so get some popcorn!

Bifocals

Please remember to resolve your thread.

Put the check mark in the green box that contained your answer! Thanks 

Make sure you have the right sized media card for your device OS:

BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.0Up to 2 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.1Up to 4 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.2.2Up to 4 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.3.0Up to 8 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0
Up to 8 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.5.0.81 and laterUp to 16 GB
BlackBerry Device Software 4.6.0 and laterUp to 32 GB

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8300&message.id=18217&query.id=64220#...

Message Edited by Bifocals on 12-14-2008 10:21 AM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
machina13

I did what you said but it is saying that the media card cannot be read. it is telling me to verify that the maemory card is formatted. when i hit the format option it starts thinking and then it tells me that the formatting has failed.
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Please clarify - You've formatted your card by blackberry device but this card cannot be read. Am I right ?

Is your card available if you turn it to card reader and connect it to your desktop computer ?

With my sd-card (Kingston MicroSDHC) I formatted it in Windows(with FAT32 option set in "Format disk" dialog).

And it recognized successfully and works ok.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
nhra345b

I am having a similar problem.  I noticed it with the 256MB card that came with my 8220 flip.  When I put a memory card into the phone it can access it for several minutes.  After this time period the card says that it can't be read and may need formatting.  I bought an 8GB card and I am having the same issue.  I have the latest update v4.6.0.180 and the phone is set to mass storage mode support: on.  I have tried formatting it on my computer and with the phone.  I keep getting the same results.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Please use plain text.
dascolitrailer

I have expierenced a similar problem. I am running the Windows 7 RC, I know that this is not the problem because it worked absolutely perfectly at first. But when I plugged in my brand new 8 gb micro SD card after a couple of days to add music and change the some of the ID3 tags, when the explorer window opened it would take a long time to load the info. Then when I sorted it by artist it would freeze the screen and lock up my screen. Only way to resolve is to hold the power button. I thought I would try my girlfriend's XP machine thinking 7 was the problem. But this messed up my card. Now I cannot format through my computer or my girlfriends. Data is corrupted and my phone won't even recognize it. I am very concerned. If anyone has a solution please help! Thanks to all!
Please use plain text.
ptmaxwell

This is discouraging. I just signed on because I can't update my contacts or calendar on my bb pearl using a mac book with pocket mac. I know it is because it is not seeing my micro card. Is there any hope for me?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
arizakia
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8220

i've got the same problem... can anyone help us???

Please use plain text.