Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

My Device: Not Specified

frustrating error 523 on mac

i've spent the last 2 days trying to find an alternative to going to my wireless provider, but all my searches have come out fruitless. i will spare the long winded explanations and cut right to the chase.

I am on a MacBook. I have PocketMac. My BlackBerry Pearl shows a 523 App. Error, but not before the **bleep** thing takes about 5 full minutes to unsuccessfully try to boot.  I've been told that the solution is to reinstall the BlackBerry OS, but that seems impossible based on the instructions on the internet, which leave Mac users stranded. The OS comes in a .exe file, which is unusable on Macs, and there seems to be no option to upgrade the OS version on Pocketmac.

Can someone PLEASE help me out? It will save a lot of time  and patience if i finally found a way out of this jam.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: frustrating error 523 on mac

to be honest, using a PC to install the device OS is the best solution. reseting device does works sometimes bu tnot all the times.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.