Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
bbpearl8130
My Device: Pearl 8130

how to load apps/games on Pearl 8130 with no cell Service Provider

I have an old Pearl 8130, that I've wiped, and updated the OS to the latest I can find (4.5.0.186).

Back in 2010 I had moved to the BB Torch9800 (which is a great phone btw), but still have the Pearl and would like to install some free games/apps on it for my kid.

The Pearl is still useful as an MP3 player, digital camera, video camera, and playing some simple games and such. Unfortunately this model phone doesn't have wifi and the cell plan was removed 3years ago, so i'm finding it next to impossible to get anything on it.

It appears I was able to get it  to install a newer version of Blackberry World while connected to the computer through usb, but that's it. It seems stuck in a loop saying I need a newer version of Appworld, even though it installs and reboots successfully.

Also, I can't seem to find OS 4.5 apps on Appworld anymore (even if I select the correct model on the site), are there any? 

I'm guessing if i can download some apps (.alx files), i can use the desktop manager to load them, but Appworld doesn't provide this option, and I can't find good alternative sites. I should be able to download the install files from appworld and install them manually.

So can I still get apps for this phone and load them without a plan?

Please use plain text.