Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Regular Contributor
Marwan_bs
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G

how to transfer saved details on BB between BB and non BB devices

Hi Support. Well, how to copy phone memory details (address book contacts , messages, bookmarks, calendar, tasks, memopad, etc...) to a non BB device to 100% make accessible on both devices.<br>Regards..
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: how to transfer saved details on BB between BB and non BB devices

Hello,

Any of that data that can be synchronized to a desktop organizer (e.g., Outlook) could theoretically be synchronized also to a non-BB device (if that device is capable). But, for things like bookmarks, that's a bit more challenging.

When you backup a BB to a PC, you receive a file in either BBB or IPD proprietary format. It contains all of the databases from the protected AppMemory space:

• KB03974 BlackBerry smartphone database list

There are 3rd party apps that can parse the BBB/IPD file and render the data for other use, and I suppose you could also do that to grab the data you desire.

Be advised that it is highly unlikely that ANY maker of devices will provide a function to easily do what you desire, and surely not automatically; each maker is, understandably, concerned with their device, and theirs alone. So to achieve what you wish will likely require human-based manual processes to synchronize the data across the devices.

Good luck! 

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
Marwan_bs
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G

Thank you Sdgardne. can BB backup files be explored in order to manually access the desired category(ies) to select the requested details to copy&paste them on the non BB device? By the way, i tried Magicberry but file parsing is failing.

- a backup convertor should resolve that request but if conversion, as you said; wont give 100% same result ?!?!?!?!?!

- to get BB content details on Outlook 2007, this request defining settings in order Office 2007 Application totally gets BB saved details. so, is their a Defined Settings pack to download and install to properly authorize device or plz type selected options location for Outlook2007- ex: outlook 2007 window front bar menu\tools\options\mobile notifications\etc... to define settings.

Regards..

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Marwan_bs wrote:

can BB backup files be explored in order to manually access the desired category(ies) to select the requested details to copy&paste them on the non BB device? By the way, i tried Magicberry but file parsing is failing.

Natively, the backup file is not usable by anything but the RIM software...it's sole intended purpose is as source for restore to another BB. 3rd party apps can parse it...perhaps you need to seek other alternatives. If you search this site, I'm sure you will find more choices.

Marwan_bs wrote:

- a backup convertor should resolve that request but if conversion, as you said; wont give 100% same result ?!?!?!?!?!

I do not understand that statement...if the database you desire is included in the backup file, then the data you desire should be there...you just have to extract it with a 3rd party app that works adequately for your purposes.

Marwan_bs wrote:

- to get BB content details on Outlook 2007, this request defining settings in order Office 2007 Application totally gets BB saved details. so, is their a Defined Settings pack to download and install to properly authorize device or plz type selected options location for Outlook2007- ex: outlook 2007 window front bar menu\tools\options\mobile notifications\etc... to define settings.

I don't understand that statement. But perhaps these may help:

• KB12268Synchronization support for BlackBerry Desktop Software for Windows
  • KB03315 How to setup organizer data synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code