Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

jvm 513 error

need help on putting sofware back on the phone and i dont know what kind of software to download i have a pearl 8100 and al keep getting is jvm 513 error.  need help on this thanks.. 
Regular Contributor
My Device: 8310

Re: jvm 513 error

You will need two different pieces of software you will need the Desktop Manager software, and the OS for that device, in your case the 8100. 

Once you have those downloaded install them and then open the Desktop Manager and select application loader. This will reload the OS onto your device.

Here is a link to the OS just select your carrier, but any carrier will work.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads 

If you select a carrier that is not yours just delete the vendor.xml file located here C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader before opening Desktop Manager 

The Desktop Manager software can be located here for download.

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Let me know if you have any questions. 

My Device: Blackberry curve

I need help also, I have a Blackberry Curve...when i turn it on all it says is, JVM error 513, what do i do to fix this so i can use my blackberry?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset

Follow the steps outlined in the post above yours... thats how it is fixed
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter