Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

media card issue

Hi, recently my son decided to use my media card in his phone for downloading some pictures / msic. Unfortunately, when I put the card in, I was able to see all my music titles / lists, but no actual music, I kept on getting a "searching" bar on the bottom. I threw out the chip and bought a new one. Now my phone is telling me that there is no media card inserted (tried taking a picture and it tells me that there is no card, it will have to save to the fon.). Same when connecting via USB, I do not get the prompt for a password, in order for the device to be recognized, nor does my PC see the device.

May I presume that I might have caught a virus? Can or do I have to reinstall the OS on the fon? If so, any tips on how? Did not see anything in the help menu.

Thanks a million.....

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: media card issue

Did you try resetting your device by pulling the battery out?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi tanzim,

sometimes the simplest things in life..........

Thank YOU for that tip, looks like that fixed it. I have the music I downloaded the other day, presuming that the PC will also see the device now!

C U

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi Kenny,

Good to know that you've resolved your issue. Please  resolve the thread by clicking solutions button.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: blackberry

New Contributor
My Device: sdgvadfhadfh
My Carrier: asdhbdshnaSGH

Thank YOU for that tip, looks like that fixed it. I have the music I downloaded the other day, presuming that the PC will also see the device now!