Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

mp3 issues and iTunes

Ok. Here's the deal. I have a Verizon 8130 Pearl. I've found that the most reliable format to use is mp3 when downloading music to the card. I have 2 problems. The first is that everytime I try to run media manager from the desktop, it tells me that I need to reinstall the program, which I've done at least 3 times now, and it has never actually allowed me to manage my media files with the desktop program. Everything else on the program works fine. I've actually been able to backup my device several times with no headaches.

I've taken to adding mp3's to the music player by hand because of this, and it has been working fine until today. I downloaded a few files from iTunes (first and last time if I can't figure out the problem). I had read that the device can support aac or mp3 files, so I wasn't too concerned when the files were aac format. I copied them to my music folder, and it doesn't show up in my list. I converted the files to mp3, they still don't show up in my list. The files don't appear to be protected, so I'm stumped as to what the  problem is and I'm pretty limited on what I know how to do, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

Re: mp3 issues and iTunes

[ Edited ]

Try this,

Remove the battery with the phone turned on, leave out a few seconds and replace. This will force a rescan of your media and all the songs should appear in the list.

Message Edited by pictoratus on 03-28-2009 06:50 AM
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

That worked :-) Thank you!!!
Contributor
My Device: Pearl 8130

[ Edited ]
You're welcome! :smileyhappy:
Message Edited by pictoratus on 03-30-2009 06:40 AM