Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: 9105
My Carrier: Globe Tele com

my GPS is not working any one can help me?

hi there. I have blacberry 9105 Pearl. Im having a problem regarding my GPS. every time I go to my maps only white screen will appear. and when i clic "find location" it always appeared the "failed to find location" and somtimes "unkwon error".. thans for understanding my post.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: my GPS is not working any one can help me?

Take the device outside and go to Options >Location (exact menu location may vary) and do manual refreshes until the GPS locks on.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

hello. thank you for your effort to read my post. I already did what you said but nothing happened. i call also my service provider and they said try to ask to blackberry support.

Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2582; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

This is not official BlackBerry Support. This is merely a peer-to-peer community support form. The only way to get official BlackBerry support is to have your service provider escalate your case to RIM. There is no charge for this but, for some reason the carriers don't like to do it. you'll need to press them on it as it is part of the service you pay for.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

ok i see, is there any other solution to my problem?

Guru I

Sometimes it can take quite a while to get an initial lock. Doing multiple refreshes should do it after a while unless something is wrong with the GPS.

If there are other options in the Location options try the refreshes with different combinations of those other settings. They usually include location aiding and location data, etc. Sometimes turning those off can speed up the GPS lock. I don't recall off the top of my head which options the 9105 has in that menu.
New Contributor

failed to get route? :smileysad:

Guru I

I was referring to doing manual refreshes in the main GPS options of the device, not the app you're trying to use.

In Options >Location Services (exact menu locations may vary on older devices) Hit the menu key and select "Refresh Location." You may need to do it multiple times. Make sure you're outside with a clear view of the sky.
New Contributor

yeh. that's what i did. it says failed to find location..