Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

apfry
My Device: Alltel Pearl 8130

os 4.5 on 8130 very slow, no youtube video, many lags and glitches.

[ Edited ]

I have loved my 8130 untill I installed the new os, now I want to watch a round of buckshot fly through it and put a smile on my face:smileyhappy: It is comparable as going from a 4 gig cpu to a 512 system.  I can always solve my own problems myself or with the help of reading a thread, but this has stumped me. I installed 4.5 (mistake in my opinion) and have since noticed a lot of lag in the os.  I have plenty of memory,an 8gig media card, and have been through all the obvious settings such as javascript and embedded media to no avail.

1:scroll to a name in call log, lots of lag.

2:going through media, lots of lag.

3:I now get error messages when trying to view a youtube video, I did not know this untill a friend with a T-Mobile 8120 was having me troubleshoot the problem and found my Alltel 8130 would get the same message.

4: uncaught exception errors after going from a link in email

5: it switches between suretype and multitap often 

There are many other quips I have about the new os, but I do not have time to go into greater detail.  

thanks for any replies, Aaron

Message Edited by apfry on 01-17-2009 09:45 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: os 4.5 on 8130 very slow, no youtube video, many lags and glitches.

You can downgrade your device OS to version 4.3 (but not older, because older OS-es do not support 8 gb card volume).

Check this link: Blackberry OS FAQ

There are instructions how to downgrade your Blackberry OS, and there are links to download necessary software.

Please use plain text.