Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
jigmack
My Device: pearl 3g 9105
My Carrier: mtn nigeria
Accepted Solution

pearl 3g 9105 os 6 update

hi i just  bought the pearl 3g 9105. i want to update the it to os 6 i downloaded the os officially from the black berry website and installed it. but when i connect the pearl to my pc the bb desktop software does not show the os 6 installer it only shows 2 options os 5 and one to downgrade it to os 5 of a previous version. 

help me in to how to update it to os 6 

thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: pearl 3g 9105 os 6 update

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

From a PC, you can install any OS package to a BB via this procedure:

Note that while written for "reload" and the Storm, it can be used to upgrade, downgrade, or reload any BB device model -- it all depends on the OS package you download and install to your PC. You can even use a different carriers OS package by simply inserting, between steps 1 and 2, the deletion, on your PC, of a file named VENDOR.XML. Be sure that you remove, from your PC, any other BB device OS packages as having more than one installed to the PC can cause conflicts with this procedure.

If you are on MAC, you are limited to only your carriers sanctioned OS packages...but can still use any levels that they currently sanction. See this procedure:

• KB19915How to perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jigmack

hi it did not work i did exactly what was informed but it still loaded the os 5 and not the os 6 which downloaded from the web site
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jigmack

my pearl 3g is on 0s5 and i want to update it to os 6 i tried thru desktop manager of bb does not work tell me what to do
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

hi again,

Please try the process again. But this time, take notes of what happens with each step and report them back here. Something is not quite right with what you are doing, and only by looking at each and every step can we have a hope of figuring it out.

Thanks!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jigmack

1. installed blackberry desktop on my pc
2 then installed the downloaded os 6 for pearl 3g on the computer
3. connected the pearl 3g 9105 to the pc and did a back up
4. exited the desktop with phone still connected
5 went to c prog files x86 common files rim and apploader and started the loader.exe
6 it read application config then read device system and then read device service
7. choose application in which i have fancy smile loudtalk facebook and twitter which i selected and click next
8 went to advance i could only select delete all application data
9. clicked next then it ask for back up of device which i clicked and clicked next
10. then i clicked finish
11. it was showing connect to device back up and restore device data and took around 10 min to do what it is doing
after ward it showed that it is done and my pearl 3g is still showing os 5
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! Thank you...let's see...

jigmack wrote:

2 then installed the downloaded os 6 for pearl 3g on the computer

Is that package from your BB's original carrier? If not, you must delete VENDOR.XML or it won't work. Also, do you have any other OS packages installed to your PC? You can check with add/remove programs, uninstall a program, or whatever it is for your specific PC OS.

jigmack wrote:

7. choose application in which i have fancy smile loudtalk facebook and twitter which i selected and click next

Sorry...I've no idea what that means. You should have had a box that showed the BB Core OS and several other things as grey...not selectable and the boxes checked. Since you didn't have that (or so I am guessing from item 7), I'm guessing that something went wrong above (either VENDOR.XML, some other BB OS package, or something else).

So, let us know what you find out from these additional diagnostics.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jigmack

hi 

i updated my phone pearl 3g 9105 to os 6

the method i use is as follows.

first of all i uninstalled all the bb os and the desktop manager from the windows 7 operating system. 

step 1 installed the downloaded os 6 for my pearl 3g. i did not install the desktop manager

step 2 i connected my phone the computer searched for the software and installed the phone software.

step 3 i went c/ program x86/ common files/ research in motion/ apploader

step4 delete the vendor.xml file

step 5 opened loader.exe file 

step 6 it identified the phone hit next and saw os 6 core and other app  hit next it took a back up 

step 7 in advanced delete app and all that was already selected even there was no option to change as it was grey 

step 8 hit next it took back up and configured the phone to os 6 and restored the data back in the phone.

step 9 it took approx 30 min for the entire process.

my phone is now officially using 0s 6 which i downloaded from the following

site https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=7B66B4FD401A271A1C7224027CE111BC

the above site is a official black berry site.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! I'm glad you found a way to make it work in your situation. Good job! Enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
srikar
My Device: Pearl 9105 3G
My Carrier: Aircel

In this point their is no applications to select, it displayed blank.please any one help me. thank you

Please use plain text.