Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

Contributor
miehmer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

pearl 8130 for telus not finding gps signal

I cannot get the gps to work on blackberry maps.  I  can get a satellite signal using the telus navigator free trial program.  I am womdering if telus makes the blackberry maps not pick up the satellite signal in the free  blackberrry maps so u pay the extra money to use the telus navigator telus adavertises that the pearl has an internal receiver which works with the blackberry navigator).  I would really like to use blackberry maps with the gps working-can anybody help me with this.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: pearl 8130 for telus not finding gps signal

I tried BlackBerry maps with GPS and its not working for me as well. I tried with 8110, 8310 and 9000. Same result. But Google Maps works quite well!! and free as well. Go to your browser and type http://map.google.com -> click on Maps with My Location (beta) -> Click on Download Google Maps.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Contributor
miehmer
My Device: Not Specified

Re: pearl 8130 for telus not finding gps signal

One thing I have tried that seems to work at least some of the time time is to delete the memory on the device before opening BB maps.  It seems to work-I am thinking maybe the program reguire more of the internal memory that is available until u clean the memory.  U can do this by going to options-security-clear memory.  U can also put a icon to clear the memory on your screen.  Give it a try and see if i works for you.  Kevin Miehm
Please use plain text.