12-21-2009 01:16 PM
I installed the new updates and now the synchronization to Outlook skips my calendar. This happened a few months ago so I repeated the steps of uninstalling and reinstalling all the software.. No luck this time. Any ideas?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-21-2009 10:31 PM
In case anyone is interested, I found this solution posted by J Sanders on 01-26-2009 03:01 PM
Thanks J! It worked!
OK, here is what you need to do...
1. Get ALL your calendar information up-to-date in Outlook. Make that your correct calendar.
2. Then you will basically delete ALL your calendar information on the BlackBerry per the instructions I will post below.
3. Then you will set the email address you wish to be your "default" calendar per the instruction in the above post.
Then all should be fine. I have faced the same issue as you are now, and had to do all this as well. Painless.
(ignore the words "address book" in these instructions for you, but it works all the same).
If you are having errors in your Calendar or Address Book on your BlackBerry, and you wish to delete the entire Calendar (or Address Book) database on your BlackBerry, follow the directions below. Make certain you have a good copy of your Calendar or Contacts elsewhere, as this procedure will complete delete ALL Calendar entries and/or Address Book entries on your BlackBerry.
1. Open Desktop Manager on your PC.
2. Open up Backup/Restore > Advanced.
3. From Advanced you'll see a split pane screen. The left pain is what is going to be backed up from your device and the right is a list of the currently existing databases.
3. Highlight on the right side your Address Book database (or your Calendar database) and click the arrow in the middle pointing to the left. This will copy the information over and prepare it for back-up.
4. Once the back-up has completed, hit the Clear button at the bottom to erase and clean out the entire address book database (or Calendar database).
5. After it's finished, it will ask you if you want to save the back-up you've created, say yes and check the device to make sure the address book (or calendar) has been properly cleared out. Now, resync the necessary contact information and you should be set to go.