04-02-2012 11:47 AM
I have got the "App error 523" on my Pearl. Unfortunately, I have never backed up my blackberry, as I havn't had it long.
I am trying to connect it to my computer, but it is just "Initialising" So far it has been doing this for over 15 minutes.
Can anybody help?
04-02-2012 12:12 PM
1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):
"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm
3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."
4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.
5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.
NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.
Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone
Article ID: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144
KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader
04-02-2012 12:36 PM
Hi, thank you for your advise, unfortunately, I am getting the following message.
c:\programme files\common files\research in motion\apploader\ refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be on a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information might have been moved to a different location.
I have checked my computer and the Blackberry Desktop software is installed.
Don't know if I am doing something wrong.
04-02-2012 01:36 PM
If you are on Windows7 PC, the location of that file might be in a different location on your PC.
Do a search of your PC for "loader.exe" and see if you find the correct path.