Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

resetting my blackberry pearl 8100

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to reset my blackberry pearl 8100 or how to get my factory settings back to the way it was when I first got the phone.

Thank you!

Developer
My Device: 8900

Re: resetting my blackberry pearl 8100

Options -> Security -> General. Press the BlackBerry button and select wipe handset from the drop down menu.

That should wipe the handset for you.

R.

New Contributor

I seems to have wiped the info but my pictures and ringtones are still unable to display and my browser is not there.

Thanks for your help!

Contributor

[ Edited ]
Did you perform a backup before you wiped it? If not and you don't already have a backup somewhere, your pictures and ringtones are lost. The wipe returns it to the original out of the box configuration. Check to see if your browser is hidden by pressing the menu key on the home screen and selecting show all. Hidden icons will be grayed out. Now if you see the browser icon but it is grayed out you can select it, press the menu button and click Hide to remove the check mark next to it. If Show All didn't reveal the browser icon, try going into Applications to see if it is in there. If it is, you can select it, press the menu key and select move, and move it to the home screen by dragging it over to the "Move Up" icon and pressing the pearl. If that doesn't work then go to Options>Advanced Options>Host Routing Table, press the menu button and select Register Now.
Message Edited by av8ing on 07-22-2008 11:48 AM
New Contributor

Some people eh can't beleave when some one asked how to wipe a computer, when it did they asked why.........
New Contributor

now asnwer me this how do you reset with out turning on, if you can. cuz mine dose stuff on its own, and makes it vertualy imposable to use. Even tho i have never ONCE pluged it in to a computer. Not saying i have a virus but.

IF its not able to be reset with out turning on Thanks for a "peace of **bleep**."

I will not be buying any more of your produce!
New Contributor

I saved all of the information so it was not a big deal that things got wiped because I had them elsewhere. However,  that still did not help play the files and the browser is gone. When I go into the desktop manager in the application loader the browser and some other things (that I think are related to files not being displayed) are light gray and don't appear to be on the phone. However when I click add I am not sure where to add it from since it just opens up my personal files. So now I am trying to figure out where to get that from and be able to add it through the application loader.
Highlighted
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

dude iam no tec but i know when "RESETTING A Coumputer" or "Reformating a Computer" you will need the BASE PROGRAMS ariganaly on the system because its all gone after resetting. srry Bro but you will need the programs that run the vid and pic files that were on the blackberry, i think u will have to buy them back because your not a tec resetting a product. Srry again.   and the only reson i posted on your thread was because, i typed "resetting my Blackberry pearl" and yours came up and read yours and i felt bad that you got screwd and felt that you and the tecs need to here what my phone has done. so dont feel bad just say screw them and get a new phone cuz they really didnt tell you enuff info about RESETTING a smart phone witch is really just  a hand size computer. and if you have ever reformated a computer you would have known this, or my not have reolized its was a computer and not a phone cuz they realy didnt say, they just called it a "smart phone" more like DUMB  phone to me but hey what ever, tecnology is only as good as the programer and as you can see he or them was not very smart with this one.

SO i say again srry Bro, Be you a woman or a man, your still my bro in this one. we both got screwed having to pay that kinda scratch for somthing we had to work on when all we wanted was somthing that works! Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by BCNapalm on 07-23-2008 01:17 PM