Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

mk3
New Contributor
mk3
My Device: Not Specified

sms txts and call log deleted

Hi

I'm wondering why all my text messages and my call log deletes on its own.  I have a 2G memory card.  I already have the options set for sms messages to read it keeps messages forever but they still delete.  Is there a way that I can change the set up to my memory card so this doesn't happen?

Thanks for the help

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Re: sms txts and call log deleted

Text messages cannot be stored on the media card. That is for media only such as music and pictures. If you sms and call logs are being deleted you are probably running low on memory. When the device gets too low on memory the call logs and unsaved texts will be dumped to keep the device running smoothly. Let's start here. Please click on options and then on status then post your file free and file total numbers. Then we will go from there.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

You're facing memory constraints in your device. Perform the following steps -

1. Give a soft reset by removing the battery for 30sec.
  2. Check how much memory is free in your device to Options -> Status -> Free Memory. To view all the database size go to Option -> Status -> click Menu button then select Database Sizes
  3. Delete less frequently used application. To delete go to Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications -> highlight the application you want to delete -> click Menu and select Delete
  4. If you stored your picture in device memory them move them to your media card

Check the below Knowledge Bases -

How to qualify low memory situations on the BlackBerry smartphone

How to maximize free space and battery power on the BlackBerry smartphone

Call and SMS logs disappear when BlackBerry smartphone is low on memory

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
Gdawg

Hey, I don't mean to hi-jack mk3's thread but I am having the exact same problem.  It has happened in the past a couple times but now it will immediately delete any call and text message history as soon as the screen turns off.  My file free is 801652 bytes and file total is 50462720 bytes.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums,

See the above post and follow the steps!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
mk3
New Contributor
mk3

Thanks so much for the information!  I am wondering then what if I want to add more applications and my memory is getting full.  Can I delete some of the preloaded pictures that I don't ever use?  I am assuming since you said the media card is only for pics/songs I cannot move applications there. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aacker23

I am having the same problem and I have no pictures saved on my actual phone.  Please help me.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
juwaack68
My Device: 9850 Torch

@aacker23 - read up in this post, or check out your new post for the answer.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=8100&thread.id=4987

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Please use plain text.
Visitor
mperez4

ok, i have read the past posts, so you telling me i would never be able to retrieve the messages, or the logs...i thought they would save to like a folder or something...how can i sync them to my laptop like copy over the messages and the call logs to my computer so that i dont have them saved on my phone in case they erase automatically...is there a software where we could save our messages to personal computers...plus my memory is fine i guess but one time i clicked on find sender for my messages and it deleted all the messages because they disappear i never saw them again...do they completely disappear...there is no retrieval process...

Please use plain text.