Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
richuno
My Device: Not Specified

software download

I am unable to find my CD's that came with my 8100. I need the software to be able to manage files on my phone. The RIM website requires me to compromise my identity and personal information by requiring me to agree to allow them to collect, use and DISTRIBUTE my information.

Is there another way to get the software I need, or am I just stuck. I refuse to allow RIM to data farm my info, then flood me with 3rd party offers, just because I bought one of their phones, and misplaced a CD.

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: software download

I have downloaded many OS's and Desktop Managers from the RIM website.  I've never received one email from Blackberry.   That's the only way to get the software.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

If RIM were truly trying to collect your info, they have your PIN, your email address and can see all the data going to and from your BB.  I wouldn't be too concerned with RIM having that info.  Again, I've been downloading from RIM for 4 years now and never received one email from them. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

To download BlackBerry Desktop Manager click here. The info that RIM is collecting won't harm you anyway as I've provided my info probably 1000 times till date for many different reason. This is very common for downloading any software from the web.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit