Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

why does sms and missed calls dissappear as soon as I get them?

Please help me!!!
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch

Re: why does sms and missed calls dissappear as soon as I get them?

aacker23 wrote:
Please help me!!!

Yikes!  Sounds like you've run out of memory on your device.  To see the available free memory, click on Options -> Status and check the File Free.

First thing you can do to free up some memory is to do a battery pull (remove battery for 20 seconds while device is on, then put battery back in and let it boot up).  Check File Free again.  What is it now?

This is an excellent guide to freeing up additional memory on your device so that this doesn't happen again:

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-blackberry-discussion/112029-losing-call-logs-sms-emails-opt...

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

You probably have really low memory and the call logs and texts will be the first thing to be dumped. Please click on your options icon and then click status. Post your file free and file total numbers and then we will go from there.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.1.2243; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

And after you post your file free, remove the battery and reinsert.  Then post the amount after that.  Then proced with the instructions juwaack68 posted above.  I suggest a media card for storing your photos, ringtones, etc. on so they don't take up valuable device memory.  Once you do that you won't have the problem again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!