Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Pearl™

New Contributor
silly-rabbit
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

windows live messenger for 8130

This is my first blackberry and its verrry confusing lol. I've downloaded live messenger etc but it says service not enabled for this handheld. Any hints please?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
silly-rabbit

Re: windows live messenger for 8130

I set up a blackberry account in the email set up could that be the problem?also i can't access my voice mail. I dont remember setting it up should i just contact the place where i bought it? help please
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

First off seeings how you haven't gotten an answer to either of your questions you probably should take back the "accepted solution" you gave your own posts. People may see this and assume your problem is solved and won't even bother reading t. To answer you first question about WLM, in order for an IM client to work there has to be an agreement between WLM, RIM and your carrier. Currently those three have not made an agreement so you will be unable to use it. You can try webmessenger. It works good for me. For your voicemail how are you trying to access it and what happens when you do?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bigj123456

i am having the same problem and when i talked to sasktel, they said they had an agreement signed with rim and wlm

so any help would be great

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Barton

Windows Live Messenger for BB 8310

Lorrie -- you seem to have an grip on this issue -- could I trouble you? I've been searching and there is so much on this topic that I am lost --

I am getting the infamous "service not enabled for this handheld" message. But there seem to be several variables when I look at the other posts, so I'm never sure that they are applicable and in any event they haven't helped. I am not on an enterprise server. My carrier is ATT. The phone is an ATT 8310. I have a service book that is labeled "BBFS1(BBIMConfig) and that is described in its notes as "Google Talk - BBIM" (to me it seems like it should say Windows Live Messenger and not Google Talk; I don't know where it came from).

I downloaded the Windows Live Messenger App from the BB website; perhaps that is where I got the service book. There is a nice little icon on the BB "desktop". I click it, give my user id and password, and then I get the error message.

I called ATT and they couldn't figure out why this is happening. No clue; nice lady tho. She did show me a work-around, going in through MediaNet, then to Email and Friends, then there is a link for Windows Live Messenger. Very awkward.

Do I have the wrong service book? Where/how do I replace it and what/who do I ask for it?

Is there something else going on? I do have a data plan, and all that. Browsers, email, etc. work fine.

Thanks!

Barton

Please use plain text.