Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
jpgrove
My Device: Torch 9800 PlayBook OS2
My Carrier: Orange UK

Calendar Bug

[ Edited ]

I work shifts and as a result I program my bb so that I know when I am at work so that can arrange social functions without checking a paper diary. 

On my 9800 torch I set this up fine and my days and nights were insync. However the PlayBook doesn't work interest same way.

For example my nights start on the 7th at 1800 hrs and last for 14 hrs till 0800 hrs on the morning of the 8th so I set the start date to the 7th and set the time to start at 1800 hrs and finish at 0800 hrs however the calendar doesn't follow through to the day. The event re occurs every 8 days for each of my nights. Does this make sense? My torch 9800 allows me to set the hours and follows from one day to the next but the PlayBook doesn't seem to work like this. Is this a bug or a functionality problem, or am I missing something? 

I have noticed that the graphic on the dates shows busy till the next morning but bringing up the full days view doesn't show as busy from 0000 to 0800 

The bug becomes apparent when you set a recurrence say every 8 days

Any ideas on this? Do i need to provide a detailed list of how to replicate it?

Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Calendar Bug

Thanks for the report.  Reading through this made my bran hurt....but thankfully we have awesome calendar guys from Tungle to help.  They are taking a look at this and we'll see if there's a bug in there. :smileyhappy:

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jpgrove
My Device: Torch 9800 PlayBook OS2
My Carrier: Orange UK

Do you want me to provide a checklist of how i got to the bug?

Cheers
Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Seems the team might have a handle on it, if they need more info we'll ask away!

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.