Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
brentsyn
My Device: PlayBook
Accepted Solution

Default Message folder & other e-mail client questions/suggestions

I have multiple e-mails accounts in the new PB e-mail client. Unless I have it set up wrong or missed a setting, is there anyway for it to default to the inbox (or select other folders) for each e-mail account? Right now it's unfied across accounts but it's more of an 'all mail' folder as I also see e-mail message I sent, when I only really want current messages in each Inbox displayed in the unified message display.

Also, is there any way of setting the order of e-mail accounts? If I want my work e-mail prioritized instead of my gmail then I'd like to set it up that way. My work around is to put a number in front of their account names to sort them but something better by BB would be great.

When looking at all messages, I'd like to assign each e-mail account a color so that I know which e-mails belong to which account. Would a feature like that be under consideration?

Finally, could e-mail signatures be assigned to multiple e-mail accounts?

Thanks for taking our input!

Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Default Message folder & other e-mail client questions/suggestions

Big post! Thanks for the questions :smileyhappy:

1. BlackBerry's key strengths on communication center around the unified inbox, all your life in one location.  From there you can branch out to see the different accounts by tapping the "message box" icon in the left toolbar.

2. This is currently not possible

3. This is definitely a future feature consideration

4. Yes signature is per account

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
New Contributor
brentsyn

To clarify the unified inbox post with and example, if I send an e-mail from by gmail to work e-mail account, and both are in the pb, then the unifed inbox displays it twice - once for the sent message and once for the received message. I don't really want to see the sent message, only the received one.

With the signature question, I'd just like to set up a signature once and then select which accounts it should be used on with a tick box. That way I don't have to copy and paste it to each account separately.

Thanks!
Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

brentsyn wrote:

I have multiple e-mails accounts in the new PB e-mail client. Unless I have it set up wrong or missed a setting, is there anyway for it to default to the inbox (or select other folders) for each e-mail account? Right now it's unfied across accounts but it's more of an 'all mail' folder as I also see e-mail message I sent, when I only really want current messages in each Inbox displayed in the unified message display.

In messages, go to settings and then make sure "hide sent" is turned on. This will show only email in your inbox and not anything that was sent. I believe this is what you mean.

New Contributor
brentsyn

I missed that setting. Thanks for pointing that out greggov!