Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
andyhkyu
My Device: Z10
Accepted Solution

File Manager - how to delete multiple files?

I find that it's quite a chore and cumbersome to delete multiple files (e.g. photos). First of all, the viewer insist to display from the top. There is no shortcut to go to the bottom. When I tried to delete several photos at the bottom, I can only delete them one at a time, and after each delete, the file viewer would jump back to the top, and I have to start swiping down all the way again.

Did I miss something?

Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: File Manager - how to delete multiple files?

For photos you can use pictures app to select multiple photos (pull down from the top) and delete them.

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
New Contributor
andyhkyu

Indeed - I went about the wrong way! thanks

New Contributor
andyhkyu

Thanks for the right solution.

Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I do agree with this - there needs to be a better file manager. I'm refusing to buy one in AW since I think this should be native. It's obviously possible since there are apps that can do this. Multiple select, move, copy, paste, delete, send to, etc...

I also think there should be options to sort by ascending/descending order. It drives me mad trying to attach a photo I just took and having to scroll allllllll the way to the bottom, through thousands of photos, to find the most recent one. Having the most recent at the top would be a good start.

Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Once again, thanks for the suggestions greggov! This feedback is noted and will be taken to the team.

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion