Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
Scott_sr
My Device: Storm 2 & PlayBook 32GB
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

PlayBook OS 2 Bridge (Bluetooth) and Wi-Fi hotspots connection errors

Hello Michael,

Thank you for making your time available and for your interest.  I am writing this post with my PlayBook OS 2 and Storm 2 Bridge connection.  :smileyhappy:

There are many PlayBook functions that require Wi-Fi connections.  But I also use the Bridge continually.  Wi-Fi connections can available or out-of-range when mobile.  With the introduction of OS 2, concurrent use is not reliable for me.  For example:  Starbucks 1 is connected and working, as is the Bridge connection.  Travel to Starbucks 2 but the new Wi-Fi connection is unsuccessful.  Stop the Bridge connection then retrying the Wi-Fi connection and hotspot login works.  Restart the Bridge connection and both connections can work together again.  In some cases restarting the PlayBook and/or deleted a saved Wi-Fi connection entry is needed first.

There are at least three methods to connect Wi-Fi (setup, options, and taskbar).  Their uses appears to inconsistent, confused, and/or using data incorrectly (e.g.. Domain Suffixes, Profile Names, SSIDs, etc.).

Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: PlayBook OS 2 Bridge (Bluetooth) and Wi-Fi hotspots connection errors

Great use case of how these devices are awesome together! :smileyhappy:  Great to see you truly getting a full experience.

There's an issue for hotspots in 2.0 that we discovered late when using the Bridge connection.  It's been fixed and will be in the update.

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
jecsc620
My Device: curve 9330/Playbook
My Carrier: verizon

Could this also be occurring with MIFis that are mobile and not stationary?

Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

The issue is specficially when you need to "accept" WiFi hotspots. 

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.