Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
gw773606
My Device: 9810

Playbook video

Playbook makes great video.  However, I would like to edit these .mp4 files.  I can't copy to a PC, but when I try to open them in Pinnacle Studio 15 or Nero 11 I get an error that it can't open the file.  Will there be a codec available in the future?

The Playbook .mp4 files can be opened with Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7, but I would like to use other editing programs

Trusted Contributor
greggov
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Playbook video

gw773606 wrote:

Playbook makes great video.  However, I would like to edit these .mp4 files.  I can't copy to a PC, but when I try to open them in Pinnacle Studio 15 or Nero 11 I get an error that it can't open the file.  Will there be a codec available in the future?

The Playbook .mp4 files can be opened with Windows Movie Maker on Windows 7, but I would like to use other editing programs

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll be seeing something like on device video editing when BB10 launches. RIM did acquire JayCut, the online video editor last year. I'm sure they're working on incorporating some of that tech into future releases :smileyhappy:

Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Re: Playbook video

Glad to hear that you all are enjoying the PlayBook video functionality. While I cannot comment on the development of future features, I appreciate this feedback and will make sure to pass it along to the team!

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion