Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

f2
Contributor
f2
My Device: Playbook
My Carrier: None

Playlist order is ignored and contents appear to be played either alphabetically or on another sort permutation

See this thread on Crackberry:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-f222/2-0-reorders-all-music-playlists-album-title-7...

"Unbelievable. You have your music playlists carefully set up in iTunes (or WMP), and until OS 2.0 they transferred over intact any time you did a Music Sync on DM. Now the PB just reorders them alphabetically by album title. Resyncing doesn't help.

I don't see any way to fix this. "

"I noticed this as well .. It kinda frustrated me as I have song titles in certain orders in different playlists for a reason. Maybe they'll release a fix for it in a small update or something, we can only hope. "

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JasW
My Device: Torch 9810 OS 7.1.0.258; PlayBook OS 2.0.0.7971
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Playlist order is ignored and contents appear to be played either alphabetically or on another sort permutation

I started the thread over on CB -- I've tried everything to find a way around this problem, syncing with WMP as my source in DM instead of iTunes, manually editing the .m3u files created on the PB when one syncs, and creating new .m3u files from scratch. No matter what I do, the songs on the playlists are displayed and play out of order. (They are instead rendered in some bizarre combination of alphabetical order by album title and chronological date they were placed in the playlist.)

In short, 2.0 has rendered Playlists on the PB Music Player completely nonfunctional. I'm stunned that no one saw this before 2.0 was officially released.

Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Playlist order is ignored and contents appear to be played either alphabetically or on another sort permutation

I've taken this back to the team for input, once they come back I can update this thread with our findings.  Thanks!

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

The team has found an issue that seems to have been there since launch, a bug has been logged and they are working on a fix.  thanks!

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.