Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
shadowgolf
My Device: Playbook

Refund option in App World

Mention has already been made of app quality/devs removing bad reviews. Are there any plans to introduce a refund option to guard against paying out for something which turns out to be of inferior quality?

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alasio
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook

Re: Refund option in App World

Or even a 24-hour trial period similar to that which other platforms currently offer...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shreem-79662
My Device: Playbook

I Agree
Please use plain text.
Product Manager
mclewley
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

Customer support has a process for refunds if required. 

Michael Clewley
Senior Product Manager, BlackBerry Software
Research In Motion
Please use plain text.
Developer
falo
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

[ Edited ]

alasio wrote:

Or even a 24-hour trial period similar to that which other platforms currently offer...

Such as?  The Android Market (sorry, Google Play ... still getting over that daft naming change) is 15 minutes these days IIRC and I wasn't aware that Apple offered any trial period.  24 hours is a hell of a long time to let someone play around with an app for free (e.g. a game), whereas the shorter offering from Google is designed to allow you to prove it works on your device.

From what I've seen, it's possible for individual developers to offer app trial periods from within App World.  Beyond that, the app review process should be preventing genuinely broken apps from getting in (not been at this long enough to comment on whether that actually works), so I think you just have to vote with your money and your willingness to accept risk.

[p.s. Quick edit to say that I do agree there should be some limited time refund window akin to ... Play .. but 24 hours is far too long]

-------
You can find me (sporadically) writing and developing at http://floor4.co.uk and gaming at http://uk-tf.co.uk
My Apps: Flip!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
alasio
My Device: Torch 9800 / PlayBook

Windows 7.5 currently offer 24-hour refunds... Would be good to see an easier process for a refund is all...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hakdaddy
My Device: Bold 9900 and Playbook 16gb

It does how? And could you refer me to it please I couldn't find anything when I had an issue with an approach and get no response from develops who referred me back to app world.

Crackberry user since 2004
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hakdaddy

That should have read an issue with an app **bleep** spell check on my PlayBook.... Grrrrr!

Please use plain text.
Developer
falo
My Device: PlayBook
My Carrier: 3

alasio wrote:
Windows 7.5 currently offer 24-hour refunds... Would be good to see an easier process for a refund is all...

Citation needed.  Can't see any evidence of this from a quick Google.  Is this an automated or supported refund process?

-------
You can find me (sporadically) writing and developing at http://floor4.co.uk and gaming at http://uk-tf.co.uk
My Apps: Flip!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
hakdaddy

Still interested in finding out about the help and refund option in App World. Once you buy the product you are left hung out to dry and Blackberry dont seem interested in helping or at least make it obvious that there is help and recourse if there is an issue.

Please use plain text.