Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Trusted Contributor
taylor-tomt
My Device: Z10, Playbook

1.0.5.2342 keeps reloading

i downloaded the new OS 1.0.5.2342, and promptly deleted facebook, gmail, aol, and some other junk i don't use.
Now I keep getting notified that an update is available but its the same one. I did reload it once and of course the junk showed up again, which i deleted again, and again the software notice keeps coming up.
can this be stopped? Why are they trying to force me to keep **bleep** on my PB that I don't want?
Forums Advisor III
rat-7
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64

Re: 1.0.5.2342 keeps reloading

taylor-tomt wrote:
i downloaded the new OS 1.0.5.2342, and promptly deleted facebook, gmail, aol, and some other junk i don't use.
Now I keep getting notified that an update is available but its the same one. I did reload it once and of course the junk showed up again, which i deleted again, and again the software notice keeps coming up.
can this be stopped? Why are they trying to force me to keep **bleep** on my PB that I don't want?

All the pre-install apps can not be deleted, if you do it will then tell you that an update is available and re-install them

The solution for now is just to ignore them

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Trusted Contributor
sebastianmoran
My Device: Playbook

It is a rather odd thing for RIM to force you to have all the native apps, especially those that are basically a shortcut to an url on the browser, like the gmail/hotmail/aol ones...
Developer
alopix
My Device: Z10 LE & PlayBook

That's not quite right. You can't remove the stock apps, but you can remove the hyperlinks on the homescreen (Twitter, Gmail, AOL, ..) that taylor-tomt refers to.
Unfortunately even if your deleted them those links are created each time the OS updates. :smileysad:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out my apps in the BlackBerry World
Visit my developer blogs /dev/alopix and /home/alopix
BBM Channel: C0047B612
New Contributor
bnekid
My Device: Blackberry Playbook - OS Version 1.0.5.2342 - Build ID 47935

You can delete the links, but when checking for new updates, the new update will reflect the link you deleted. If you delete more than one, the update size changes.

Really nasty atonomous control to advertise apps for companies...
Trusted Contributor
chrispycrunch
My Device: Z10, Playbook 32GB

Yeah, the update runs again every time you delete those links. I personally think it's bad omen to have AOL mail as a link. For now I just leave the links and default apps there until they can fix it.
-----------
Chris --- http://www.twitter.com/chrispycrunch
-----------