Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
pharaohseven
My Device: Blackberry Playbook

2.0.1 update ERASED EVERYHING

After trying in vain to get this buggy machine to connect to Blackberry Desktop Software, BDS told me to update my OS. Hoping this meant you guys actually work on the issues with your device I updated. After going through the mandatory tutorial yet again, I was welcomed to a screen showing that my device had been completely wiped. All of my pictures, applications, bookmarks, and configurations were completely wiped. I would never recommend the BlackBerry Playbook to another human, ever.

Get your **bleep** together.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: 2.0.1 update ERASED EVERYHING

I'm guessing from your anger, you failed to ever do a backup of your Playbook to the PC?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pharaohseven

I don't have a lot of space on my computer. I guess I was foolish to assume that if an update was going to erase everything from my device, that I would at least get a warning of some kind.

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version of Desktop manager are you using?

Sorry for your loss, I always backup my data before any OS upgrade as I have lost data in the past.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 5.0.4 and BES 10.2.2 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2008

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
pharaohseven

I'm using the latest version.

I don't know what went wrong, maybe someone in their offices will be able to investigate similiar occurences

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Are you looking for help or are you just ranting? There are lots of people here who are willing to help if you just ask. This is not an official RIM support site but rather a peer to peer community where users just like you help other users.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
tecman101
My Device: Playbook

I have a Playbook and it too erased all data due to failed password attempts.  When I restarted it and was setting up I got to the accept terms screen.  In the drop down box there were no countries to select from so I cound not select I agree to continue.I have been trying for days to resolve this with no luck at all.  I have had no luck getting support through Blackberry as well.  Would you like me to tell you what I really think about this company and it's Playbook?  Can anyone help me to solve the problem? 

Please use plain text.
tecman101
My Device: Playbook

I definitely could use some help because I certainly am not getting any from BB

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,950
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

tecman101 wrote:

I have a Playbook and it too erased all data due to failed password attempts. 

This is quite a different issue than that of the original posters.

In your setup sequence, try swiping backwards to the previous setup page and setting up your Wifi again. You are better off performing the setup on an unsecured (no password) Wifi router, such as at a McDonalds or Starbucks, or removing the password from your home router only for this setup).

Alternatively, turn off your Playbook. Then, connect your Playbook to the PC with your BlackBerry Desktop Software installed and again press the power button to turn it on, and you should be presented with an update screen.

**So you've called your Playbook support number, and no one answers? I've had great support from BlackBerry on the Playbook. What do you mean by "no luck"?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.