Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
wilshirebold
My Carrier: Verizon

2.0 Calendar Bug

I am located in the UK, using a US playbook; main device time set to GMT. Trying to schedule a diary appointment using PST time. When I enter the appointment, select PST for the appointment and then click save, it unilaterally changes the time I have set for the appointment to a different time. Exmaple: appointment set for 14:15 to 15:15 PST. When I click save (the file tick icon) it changes it to 15:15 start ; 8:15 end !! Any help much appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: 2.0 Calendar Bug

Do you have the pb set for auto time zone?
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wilshirebold

No. It is set to UK time.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wilshirebold

I have just checked and yes auto time set is selected. 

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Carrier: Cogeco

I would think that you can only set appointments to whatever time your PB is set for. You can only set it for one time zone and that will be what your appointment time will set too.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wilshirebold

The bug is forcing me to do this, but the design intention is that you can set a meeting time for a time based on a different time zone to the current zone of the PB. When setting the meeting it gives you the option of a different zone. BlackBerry smartphones allow you to do this without the bug. If someone else could try setting a meeting in this way on the PB and let me know if they have the same problem I'd be grateful for feedback.

Thanks

Please use plain text.