Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Ksanand73
My Device: Playbook 32gb wifi

2.1.0.1526 software update stuck in the middle

Hi, I have connected my playbook to laptop and downloading the 2.1.0.1526 software on to my playbook.. For some reason it is stuck at installing module 32 of 46 for the last 1.5 hrs. At this point it looks like i cant cancel the update..would my playbook become unusable if i disconnect from the blackberry desktop software and force cancel it? I have backed up the playbook before this update..Not sure how long i need to wait. Please advise. Thanks. ,
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
saugen48
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 32GB

Re: 2.1.0.1526 software update stuck in the middle

Is the playbook connected to laptop for power purposes and you are downloading the update via wireless or did you download the update to the laptop and doing the update via connection to laptop..If you are connected to laptop for power/charging..that method does not offer enough power for a charge..via the wall plug is the recommended and only working method other than purchasing a rapid charger for about $40 which uses the three prong connection on the bottom of the PB..As for removing the PB now in the middle of the update, I am not sure...If you do, worse comes to worse, you may have to zeroize the notebook and start over again...just dont use the usb to laptop for power anymore

Gene
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Lost_at_Sea
My Device: PlayBook 64 GB & Torch 9860

Re: 2.1.0.1526 software update stuck in the middle

Good thing you did the backup. If you are still stuck in the middle, disconnect it from your laptop. Do a reboot of your router by unplugging it for a minute. When it is back up and running, reboot your computer and PlayBook.
On your computer make sure you have the latest DM downloaded and installed. If it is, try updating the PlayBook again by connecting it to DM.
Please use plain text.