Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
HragD
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Alfa

2 problems

Hello,

I am facing 2 problems regarding my playbook

1- I cannot see my contacts and calender that are on my smartphone on the playbook. The email is working properly though.

2- Recently, I keep receiving the following message on my playbook "Sign in with your balckberry ID". Do I have to create a seperate BBID on the playbook; or the one on my smarphone works for it ? By the way I have tried the BBID on the phone but it is not working on the playbook.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Hrag

Please use plain text.
Developer
peppinoibra
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: nessuno

Re: 2 problems

Unfortunately, you will never receive support in this category

sorry for my english, I'm Italian.
If I helped you click (LIKE) thanks
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HragD

Just noticed that, thank you

Please use plain text.
Developer
peppinoibra
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: nessuno

ok
If I helped you click (LIKE) thanks
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,894
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

HragD wrote:

Just noticed that, thank you

HragD, no need to repost, I've asked a moderator to move it to the Playbook section.

1. Are your contacts and calendar tied your email account, such as in a Gmail or Yahoo account?

2. You can keep a separate BBID for both devices, or the same, doesn't really matter.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HragD

1- Not necessarily, if I create a new contact or a new appointment in the calender on my phone, do these changes directly appear on the playbook?

2- The BBID username by default is wrtten wbh@mail.com, so I don't know the password for this, becasue initially I did not create any BBID on the playbook

Please use plain text.
JSanders

HragD wrote:

1- Not necessarily, if I create a new contact or a new appointment in the calender on my phone, do these changes directly appear on the playbook?

You're leaving out some key information. Is your PlayBook bridged to your BlackBerry smartphone? If so, yes calendar and contacts should appear on both. Is your email account a sync-able gmail or yahoo account, if so, yes then the calendar and contacts should appear on both. If not, they probably won't.

HragD wrote:

2- The BBID username by default is wrtten ***@mail.com, so I don't know the password for this, becasue initially I did not create any BBID on the playbook

Read this for instructions to reset your BlackBerryID password:

KB26361How to reset a BlackBerry ID password

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
HragD

My playbook is bridged to my smartphone and all my contacts and calender are in microsoft outlook

My mobile is 9780 and the current software version is v6.0.0.546,platform 6.6.0.207

In the default services, i am not able to change contact list sync , how can i do that? The default is an old email address (hrag_68@hotmail.com) an address that hat I have deleted a long time ago on my smartphone I want to change it to hrag@petersbrass.com, which is the current email addres used on my smartphone and pc, but i am not able to do so

Regarding the playbook, I have reset the password accrding to article KB26361, but i am not able to change it on the playbook. In the edit place whenever I try to change it, i am receiving this message: password recovery followed by answer the password revovery question: my name? i don't know the answer for this since again i did not create any BBID on my playbook

Thank you

Please use plain text.
JSanders

[ Edited ]

HragD wrote:

Regarding the playbook, I have reset the password accrding to article KB26361, but i am not able to change it on the playbook. In the edit place whenever I try to change it, i am receiving this message: password recovery followed by answer the password revovery question: my name? i don't know the answer for this since again i did not create any BBID on my playbook

To reset the PlayBook BlackBerryID:  Article ID: KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

HragD wrote:

My playbook is bridged to my smartphone and all my contacts and calender are in microsoft outlook

The Desktop Software will NOT sync your OUTLOOK contacts and calendar from your PC to your Playbook.

This is a major fail of the PlayBook and should be an added feature and quite honestly I know many users who have begged for this since April of 2011

Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.