Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
saminj
My Device: Playbook

3 months now...still no ANDROID? very misleading!

I dont know what are you waiting for RIM? do you want us to wait 6 moths before you release Android on our PBs? Well in 6 months, newer and better tablets will be out. New technology will develop and our PBs may look old fashioned, while we are still waiting! I dont think this Android thing should have been advertised if this is the release schedule RIM had in mind. I was grossly mislead by this. 

The software collection in the Appworld is mostly amateurish, which is understandable being a new platform. 

Regular Contributor
GhassanBB
My Device: Torch 9800 + Playbook 64GB

Re: 3 months now...still no ANDROID? very misleading!

thats right and still RIM dont response to us !!!!

why is there support forums if there is no one answer us , we just people who own and customers ( playbooks& smartphons) and we just help each other in solving issues in PB and still no response from RIM

they told us in summer we will have the Android and now they tell us "late fall" we just wanna to know why is that 6 month we are waiting or more than 6 months why is that , why other company care about there customers and for us nobody , no apps , no supporting some languages and so on .......,

playbook the thing GOOD on it supporting java,  thats it

day by day i fell sorry about buying playbook

nobody care from RIM , i can buy from other company but i wanna to see what finally RIM will do for us as customers are you care about or care about gaining money and gave promises and falied to do it
New Contributor
vikram_1278
My Device: 9300

Android app is a definate for PB as it still lacks apps in the app world..

now i understand RIM is trying to push its developers for creating native apps for the PB the more they wait there more is the delay which is gona affect PB sales.

i bot the PB cos of its android app player (in june when i was told that it would come later in the summer) this would definately make this tablet a worth competitor in the market place...

with 3.1 % market share in the global markets PB is def not gaining much traction in the market...

Trust me i have played a few games on the PB and they are fantastic but the developers need to keep on innivating and make newer versions of the apps othere wise the app eco system would definately take a hell of a lot more time....

if we use Apple / Android as a case study we see that they have developed their app stores right from scratch of course sales did affect these platforms at an initial stage.... but now they r far more superrior platforms due to their firepower in the app world....

RIM shud develop both entertainment and buz apps to keep its orginal segment alive....

not sure when RIM will change its strategies and lool beyong cell phones selling as the market is changing and loosing customers could be the biggest downfall for RIM in the Short term and mid term....

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

saminj wrote:

I dont know what are you waiting for RIM? do you want us to wait 6 moths before you release Android on our PBs?

I think RIM wants to release the Android player as much as you wish to have it. So it if is not released yet, it is because they consider it not good enough. It may be crippled with bugs that you don't want on your PlayBook.

Seeing the leaked version of the Android Player that is floating on the internet, it seems that they have already done a great job but needs a lot of polishing.

saminj wrote:

I dont think this Android thing should have been advertised if this is the release schedule RIM had in mind. I was grossly mislead by this. 

well I think I am not being specifically mean by saying that this is exactly what RIM wanted to do. Announce the Android Player so that people don't go by another competitor tablet!

But it seems that their actual schedule is further than they had expected back three months ago.

saminj wrote:

The software collection in the Appworld is mostly amateurish, which is understandable being a new platform. 

indeed, that QNX platform is quite new, but thankfully with all the Air and C++ and WebWorks and Android toolkit, I am sure that within a few months, apps on the AppWorld will gain in overall quality (but let's face it, there will also be much more uninsteresting apps too as usual).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

personally i think the leaked version is garbage.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

aandras wrote:
personally i think the leaked version is garbage.

leaks are not to be taken as release

time will tell all

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V