Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Ablack13
My Device: Playbook

$30 eBay Bluetooth keyboard

I did a search,which was inconclusive, as per the $30 Blutooth keyboards for sale on eBay. Does anyone here have and use one? I'm thinking that Bluetooth is Bluetooth but why are these so cheap and the "official" ones cost $130 ? I would get one, just for giggles, but I'm not going to throw money down a hole if it isn't a workable item. Thanks for any info.

Super Contributor
sarah75

Re: $30 eBay Bluetooth keyboard

I have tried various bluetooth devices and drawn a blank. If the device is not sold by or recommended by Blackberry there's a good chance it will not work.

Sellers on ebay tend to include playbook to attract searches, for example you see many usb keyboards advertised for "playbook, ipad, nexus etc" when we all know playbook usb is only for data transfer and charging.  

Sarah.
Contributor
Ablack13

Yeah, I had a feeling that I would get a response like that. I'm sorry that you wasted your money but I'm glad I found out before wasting mine. I don't have any problems with the Playbook keyboard but I thought that the actual physical item would be a nice thing to have.

I haven't seen the "official" Blackberry keyboard for less than $130 dollars and that is just TOO much for, what amounts to, a splurge item.

Thanks for the response.

Contributor
mh1983
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb

Do ANY acceptable alternatives exist to the BB bluetooth keyboard?

Contributor
mh1983
My Device: Playbook Wi-Fi 16 gb

Anyone?
Contributor
Ablack13

I'm guessing that's a big NO!

There's a store in Canada, similar to Best Buy or Staples here, that has them on sale for $69 dollars but the catch is it's an instore sale only no internet sales. I would even go that high if it were only available online. Oh well.