Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: Virgin

Re: 4G LTE no longer being sold by BELL and software not approved beyond 2.0.1.668

Did you call bell? After reading this I called technical support a the guy told me that even though they do not sell the playbook anymore the will still release updates, whether he was being honest with me is the question told him about updates being released on Rogers and he said they have to be tailored to specific providers and he is sure a update will be coming. Only time will tell.

Contributor
My Device: Playbook 4G LTE

Re: 4G LTE no longer being sold by BELL and software not approved beyond 2.0.1.668

[ Edited ]

Promised by Blackberry that an upgrade would be released by Bell no later than MID March. Surprise, no updates, no support as the 90 day has now expired and stuck with a playbook that has never had a single update approved. Blackberry is useless, and there carrier approval process is pathetic.

Contributor

I got tired of waiting for bell got my playbook unlocked and switched to Rogers. got two upates within two weeks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

[ Edited ]

Pblitz wrote:

I got tired of waiting for bell got my playbook unlocked and switched to Rogers. got two upates within two weeks.

Now that is interesting and the first time someone with unlocked PB reported they got an update.

Have you a playbook contract with Rogers. Did Blackberry, Bell or Rogers unlock it?

I bought it from TBooth with a bell contract. When I coudn't get updates I went back there and he sugested to unlock it and get a rogers sim. once I got the rogers sim the updates came.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Two PB's

Pblitz wrote:

I bought it from TBooth with a bell contract. When I coudn't get updates I went back there and he sugested to unlock it and get a rogers sim. once I got the rogers sim the updates came.

That means presumably the process is that your Playbook tells Blackberry "I have a Rogers SIM in here" then you get an update.

Bad news for anyone over in UK buying an unlocked PB from Misco and putting in an O2 or 3 SIM as tbey are unlikely to be in the group of approving providers - unless someone in UK knows better?