Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

Contributor
Hemisynch
My Device: BlackBerry 8900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

5 year old deleted stuff

We just got a playbook and we let our 5 year old play the Need For Speed game that came with it.  Unfortunately, he cannot read yet, and probably didn't understand what he was doing when he deleted the camera, the video camera and I think the videos applications.  I know that there isn't an undelete feature, but is there a way to get these back, without having to do a complete reinstall of the whole software bundle?  Are they available from RIM or BlackBerry?  I don't trust third party apps much, we had a terrible experience with an app download where the 3rd party used the app download as a backdoor to sneakily send text messages to the wife's phone at $5 a pop and I had downloaded an app and afterwards the phone started crashing and eventually nuked and was unrecoverable.

In the future I shall backup often, as this seems to be the best method to prevent permanent data loss...

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran II
Wolf359
My Device: Q10 / Playbook

Re: 5 year old deleted stuff

If you can't get the paas back via the desktop manager, then you'll

have to wipe the device so you get everything back.  I recommend the wipe anyway!

My Device: BlackBerry 8900 and Playbook
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks, I will attempt the desktop and see.  I hope I don't have to wipe as I've already got pictures on there that I would like to keep.  I'll let you know which works.

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
aandras
My Device: Z10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

You should get a notification of an update once you plug your pb to the pc.
Be a Shepard and not an iSheep.
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
reconeyes
My Device: 32gb playbook
My Carrier: shaw

Just back your pics video and music up onto your pc and do a full wipe...itbwill save you time in the end.

Please use plain text.