Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

New Contributor
ronpwork
My Device: playbook

Re: 5MP Playbook Camera Blackscreen - Errors - Hardware or NDK Game Caused Glitch?

i had the same problem, the camera shows only vertical lines and getting error, camera is in use.... i just had this issue since last night. and im wondering why, because i took care of my playbook so much. and also the wifi is not working, it will not connect to the network if its more than 1 meter from the router. this is 5months old and its seldom use. our other 2 blackberry playbook works well, unfortunately mine isn't that good. pls help. me. 

you can send me email at ronpwork@gmail.com --- thanks.... 

Please use plain text.
Guru III
knottyrope
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook, BlackBerry Wireless Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: 5MP Playbook Camera Blackscreen - Errors - Hardware or NDK Game Caused Glitch?

ronpwork wrote:

i had the same problem, the camera shows only vertical lines and getting error, camera is in use.... i just had this issue since last night. and im wondering why, because i took care of my playbook so much. and also the wifi is not working, it will not connect to the network if its more than 1 meter from the router. this is 5months old and its seldom use. our other 2 blackberry playbook works well, unfortunately mine isn't that good. pls help. me. 

you can send me email at ronpwork@gmail.com --- thanks.... 

You will need to contact support on this, I had same issue and had to send in my playbook for repair. overall it was a good experience and support took good care of me.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronpwork

thanks for the suggestion anyways. :smileyhappy:

im here in Philippines. the playbook was bought by my sister in Canada last december.

why do i have this kind of issue with my PB, i took care of it so much.... it could be the device itself, its not dependable.

i guess ill just have to find an authorized blackberry service center here, i don't have a choice. am so frustrated..... :smileysad: 

Please use plain text.
chall13
My Device: Blackberry Playbook 16GB

Re: SOLVED 5MP Playbook Camera Blackscreen

Okay, I had this SAME problem so, instead of just turning my device off and back on the normal way, I did it like this:  click and hold down the power button, the (-) button, and the (+) button all at the same time starting with the power button and moving right. Keep holding ALL THREE down. You will hear a shutter noise like the camera took a picture, then a small menu will appear that has the options to turn off, stand by, etc. Just KEEP HOLDING IT DOWN untill it completely turns off. It should restart by itself, but if it doesn't, just press the power button. What this does is it shuts down the tablet using a different method than just holding the power button down and it kind of is a mini reset, if you know what I mean. :smileyhappy: This resolved my camera 4003.error and I hope it works for you too! 

NOTE: this DOES NOT erase any data or anything. It's the same as turning off your device. Just using a different method. 

I hope this helped!! 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ronpwork

hmp.... thanks for this info... it didn't work for me.... what i have is vertical bars.... im giving up.... with this, so tired, my sister purchased this pb in canada last december, it got it from her last january 17, 2012, all of a sudden it went bad last week of january, wifi not working, camera gone bad, and since then i spend my time  looking for solutions until today. still camera don't work and the wifi issue still not resolved. the wifi will only connect if its less than 1 meter from the router.its not a router issue, cause we have lots of wifi device and no problem.... done resetting this million times, actually i just did again this morning....and i just did what you have to your playbook, thanks for that. but still nothing helps.

im giving up.... and am so frustrated with this blackberry tablet, i was only able to use this for less than a month, since my sister bought this. ill be sending this **bleep** back to canada so my sister could return it back to where did she purchase it....

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

have same problem... anyone with a better solution than what have already been suggested would be great.

specifically resetting via power+volumedown+volumeup buttons did not work.

there is this blackberry support page last updated 2012/05/23 which seems to suggest rim has no clue either

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=EF42BF04956BF9A5B284A39A36A9141D?...

the os I'm running is 2.0.1.358.

I have a second playbook that - knock on wood - until now has not had this problem

thanks.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rockhammer
My Device: Bold 9900 & Playbook

from a crackberry post, someone suggested trying to run down the batteries on the playbook to reset the device.

tried that but once recharged the camera issue remains

WORST YET... this morning my playbook is not even turning on!!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
suewatters
My Device: Playbook

My camera problem is that when it is in camera mode the picture is very grainy or snow just like in the olden days with rabbit ears on a TV set. Any solutions for me? I bought it earlier this year from the Source
Please use plain text.
cyxbradyx

same here...

First: my camera shows an error whenever i turn the camera on, it says that i need to turn off other application for it to work but no application is working on backgroud i did reset/wipe my phone and redownload the OS but still not working..since then i never use the camera..

Second: i noticed that when the SCREEN turns off (not in use for a 5-10 mins or in sleep mode) it takes 30secs to 2mins to turn it on again from sleep mode. sometimes, at worst, it restarts itself.

third: this is the nightmare. battery is empty this time and doesn't turn on..i recharge it but no luck..the led turns red for 10-20sec then it is not charging anymore. i did try fast charging but failed.. so i did was Stack charging(letting it charge for 2mins then remove it for 2mins doing it for 15-20 or more cycles then try to press all the buttons POWER+VolUp+Play+VolDown if you reach 10 cycle---it really need patience) It worked. so to prevent it again, i dont let my device to empty battery..better to turn it off if not in use for days to preserve the battery power..

---I started encountering all these problem when my OS v1 updated to OS v2..Until now my f*** camera don't work.

---i hope that the company solve these common problems...or else, Other tablets will kill this crappy expensive device.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yogesh_gowda
My Device: Bold 9700, PlayBook & BlackBerry 10 user

Re: GIven to Service center but till now nO response regarding my playbook

Hello,

This is the big problem with the redington service center in India, even i had the same experience with them, and RIM Indian has the same issue, they never reply back to their customer, it seems that they dont care for their existing customer, since they have a good market now in INDIA.

1. If any post helps you please click the below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
Please use plain text.