Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® PlayBook™

My Device: Bold 9000, Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: Fido

Re: 64GB Playbook died, just out of warranty period :(

Just got off the phone with support. No charges for troubleshooting.

1st rep (Miranda) was super nice and walked me through some troubleshooting. She determined that my PB needed RMA and transferred me to the RMA dept.

RMA department (Joanne) was also super nice and I explained to her my PB was out of warranty. She told me RIM will fix my PB even though I was out of warranty period for free.

If any RIM reps read this....your CS dept is awesome. One of the best service I have ever had with any company concerning RMA.

Kudos to the RIM employees!!!!
Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860, Z30
My Carrier: Wind Mobile

Try the three button reset again. I know you have done it at least once. Hold down the Power Button and both volume buttons at the same time for 15 seconds and then wait 1 minute then hold the power button only until the red light flashes then release it and wait for the PB to reboot.
Have the charger connected during this process. I think you are right when you said it was software related. The three button reset is the same as Control - Alt - Delete on the computer. You may have to do the reset several times.
My Device: 9700 6.0

narci ha escrito:

Looks like it's pay first before any support Smiley Sad

With BlackBerry® Incident Based Support, you can receive support from the BlackBerry Technical Support team by providing your credit card information (American Express, MasterCard, Visa) before your support issue is addressed.

A technical support incident is one technical question, problem or issue that will be managed until resolution, regardless of the number of contacts (email or telephone) required to resolve it. If a particular technical issue requires multiple interactions with BlackBerry Technical Support to reach a suitable resolution, you’ll only be billed once.

Purchase a support incident by calling (877) 255-2377 (toll free) or 1-647-426-1108. Upon entering the telephone menu, select option 2 for technical support, then wait on the line until you hear the Incident Based Support

Is there no way to send the PB in to get it repaired without paying an upfront technical support fee?

Did u already solved the problem? What OS version do u have?