10-21-2011 12:57 AM
I can not access or transfer files between the Playbook and my Windows 7 pc. When the Playbook is connected via USB I get the "A problem occurred......" message along with Media Services Are Not Available. Desktop Mgr shows the PB and its pin # and it recharges the PB. I have tried all the solutions presented on this forum and nothing has worked. I do see the Playbook in the Network window but I can't open it. In the Network Connections window it shows as an unidentified network for the RIM Network device. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling DM and I have the latest version as well. BTW, there are no problems with DM and my Torch 9850. I would appreciate some help to resolve this problem.
Solved! Go to Solution.
10-21-2011 01:22 AM
Hi and welcome to the forums!
Try reading the attached links for tips on resolution.
KB27679 How to see if the BlackBerry PlayBook driver is installed on a Microsoft Windows Based PC
KB28140 Unable to access the Media Card within Bridge Files on the BlackBerry PlayBook
KB26068 How to transfer files to and from the BlackBerry PlayBook
10-22-2011 01:58 AM
Thanks but those three articles did not resolve my problem. When the PB is connected via USB to my pc and DM is on, Media Services Are Not Available for either Files, Music, Pictures or Videos. In Windows Device Manager, the PB shows under Network Adapters as Research In Motion Network Device and its' status is enabled.
10-22-2011 06:24 PM
In your system tray the is a little computer icon. right click select properties, you will see the playbook select volume then mount volume. it should appear as a drive and you should be able to sync. Close dm and reopen.
10-23-2011 03:51 AM
Maybe you can try this way.
If your DTS updated from old version, please go to work around No. 1
If your DTS(destop software) downloaded lately, please go to work around No. 2
1. Try to uninstall DTS, and then download a lastest one, and then reboot PC after installed. Then try to connect PB to PC again.
2. Please try the steps below.
Turn on the TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper service by following the steps below:
May it can help you.
10-23-2011 12:17 PM - edited 10-23-2011 12:22 PM
If you are referring to the Blackberry Device Manager icon, clicking on Properties brings up a window with 3 tabs. The Connected Devices tab is empty and the Options tab already has the Mount tablet volumes on connect box selected.
It appears that the PB is not connecting to my pc as it should.
10-23-2011 12:20 PM - edited 10-23-2011 12:23 PM
I have the latest version of DM. I have tried the uninstall/reinstall solution with no improvement. I verified that TCP/IP NetBIOS service is running and starts automatically.
Thanks for the suggestions.
10-23-2011 08:16 PM
So did you check your firewall, is there anything that prevent the connection?
10-23-2011 08:20 PM
In fact, i didn't use a Win7 OS before, is there any option of "device management" in "My Computer"???If it has, is there any network adapter shows "Research In Motion" when PB connected to PC???If yes, please uninstall it and then plug in PB again.
10-23-2011 11:32 PM
Here is what I tried today:
1. With the PB connected, I opened Device Manager and uninstalled the RIM Network Device drivers
F.Y.I - Properties window showed the device was enabled prior to the uninstall
2. Disconnected the PB, turned off WiFi and Bluetooth then turned off the PB. Then turned off Desktop Mgr
3. Connected the PB
4. Desktop Mgr started up and Windows 7 starts to install the RIM drivers after the PB powers up
5. Desktop Mgr shows the PB and its Pin # and the bottom corner window in DM shows Connecting
6. After a moment, the bottom window shows Sync
7. When I select Files, the second window shows Media Services Are Not Available, A problem occurred........
8. Same info is displayed on Music, Pictures and Video
9. Windows Device Manager window still shows the RIM Device adapter as enabled
10. Playbook shows as charging
11. No problem with any other PB function.
12. Turning off my firewall had no effect on the results.